Monday, October 4, 2010

Priorities

I'm exhausted...but my son smiled for 5 hours straight tonight.

I have dishes in my sink....but my little girl prayed out loud before bedtime.

My veggie garden needs desperate attention....but we played in a pumpkin patch this weekend.

Simon needed abdominal x-rays after school today....but he flirted with the secretaries and told secrets to his bunny rabbit friend.

Dan and I have the noisiest house on the block tonight....but the kids played chase tag forever with no injuries!

I Still have paperwork to finish from my job tonight... but we read a new book with the kids.

I should be catching up on all of my to do's right now....but instead, I'm content,

And once again - counting my blessings. Amen

2 comments:

  1. That's just so sweet, Liz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Meant To Do My Work Today
    by Richard Le Gallienne

    I meant to do my work today,
    But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
    And a butterfly flitted across the field,
    And all the leaves were calling me.

    And the wind went sighing over the land,
    Tossing the grasses to and fro,
    And a rainbow held out its shining hand--
    So what could I do but laugh and go?

    ReplyDelete