Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Good Man...


My husband wins an award this week for being a good guy. As many of you know, this month has been one of struggles for me in regards to my health, and pacemaker issues etc. I've had multiple conversations with my body, my doctor and that chunk of metal keeping things going. It goes something like this...
"Dear self / metal chunk / all knowing doctor - I really don't have time to slow down right now, the end" The problem is, I keep talking, but they are not listening. I even had another fun 48 hours of wearing that sexy holter monitor again. Anyway, my point is I'm frustrated, but my hubby has been a gem. He's holding his own, and then some. He is speaking my love language of helps and teaming with me to keep all those balls that we are juggling from hitting the ground. Thank you hubby for painting the ceiling last week, making yummy dinners, and sending me off to Women of Faith. You are a good man.
One thing I've discovered while exploring this new thing called blogging is one major difference between a journal and a blog. I've noticed you have to blog with a good attitude. With my friend the journal I can spew and whine and vent....and the pages do not mind, no one is the wiser, and I've gotten some things off my chest. Ahhh very therapuetic. Now with the blog...ohh dear, me oh my, but wait...people might read this stuff, so I better not pout!! This surely is a helpful tool, to ensure I tell my life stories with the glass 1/2 full and no whining allowed...(for the most part!) I think this is a nice feature...because of course we always have more good than bad to report...so why waste time on the whining?
OK, God, no whining today. I have the stamina of a 60 year old woman...but that's good news, because a week and a half ago, I felt like an 80 year old. Please fix my ticker, and don't teach my children how to run any faster quite yet! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz :),
    I will make it a priority to battle with you in prayer for your healing!

    For the End of the Lord is GOOD!
    ~Lots of love and understanding...


    James 5:10&11 "Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.”
    Or another version:
    “ 10 For examples of patience in suffering, dear brothers and sisters, look at the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. For instance, you know about Job, a man of great endurance. You can see how the Lord was kind to him at the end, for the Lord is full of tenderness and mercy.”

    ReplyDelete